100 Years of Orthodox Christian Service
The 100 year celebration of the inauguration of St. George’s Serbian Orthodox Church in Duluth, Minnesota is closing in. In 1923 St. George’s of Duluth was placed into the service of Lord by the Serbian Orthodox Church. The blessing of the church grounds was officiated by Our first priest, Fr. Vladimir Porobich along with Fr. Peter Stijacich and Fr. Dushan Trbuhovich on August 12, 1923. The cornerstone was laid September 30, 1923, with Archimandrite Mardary Uskokovich and Fr. Porobich officiating. Nikola Colich was Kum.
Preliminary Time Frame
First meeting of the Committee for the Centennial Jubilee of St. George Serbian Orthodox Church in Duluth Minnesota: April 11, 2021 following Divine Liturgy
We expect to embrace the celebration September 15,16 and 17, 2023.